This is the privacy notice of Adventure Out Loud Pty Ltd. In this document, “we”, “our” or “us” refers to Adventure Out Loud Pty Ltd registered in Australia with ABN 85 124 320 529.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could and could not identify you.
This policy has been developed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
What is personal information and how do we use or disclose it?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, and includes your name, contact information, travel itinerary and other information described below.
Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information where such information is reasonably necessary for us to undertake our functions and activities.
Generally, we collect personal information when you enquire or make a booking with us. We may also collect personal information when you email us, write to us, call us or register with us for newsletters or connect via social media with us. They type of personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, your name, age, address, phone number, e-mail address, emergency contact information, passport information, travel medical information (where required), insurance details, nationality, residency, nutrition preferences, trip evaluations, travel and accommodation preferences, comments you provide us, trip destination information, and payment-related information.
In certain circumstances, we may collect sensitive information about you such as financial information, ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health information. We will only collect sensitive information with your consent and where it is reasonably necessary or directly related to the provision of our services.
Note on using our internet sites concerning ‘Cookies’
We use “Cookies” on our website. A “cookie” is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses our website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. Our website may also store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to the website.
Our website also records other information which is used to improve the structure and performance of the site and to provide users with an improved service. Information collected for this purpose may include, overall usage statistics and information downloaded. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- Allow essential parts of our website to operate for you;
- Operate our content management system;
- Operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our website and deleted when you close your browser;
- Enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser;
- Collect information about how visitors, use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited;
- Record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser;
- Record your activity during a webcast. For example, if you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for [three] months, when it will be deleted automatically;
- Store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for  days;
- Enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our services to you. We act as an agent to provide you travel arrangements or to provide goods and services to you. The personal information we collect is used to consider your request and complete it. We use your personal information when you have emailed, phoned, faxed or written to us, to provide you with a response to that enquiry or request. We may respond to you by email, phone, fax or mail when we interact with you for these purposes.
- To send you payment and invoicing information. We use your personal information for the purposes of finalising your payment/s to us and to allow us to send invoice/receipt. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail when we interact with you for these purposes.
- For Marketing to you. We may use your information to contact you regarding special offers or services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact us details on our website, or for emails, by using the unsubscribe button.
- For verifying your identity for security purposes. Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
Contests and newsletters
We may also collect personal information, including contact information such as name, address, and phone number or email address if you elect to enter a contest or sweepstakes with us, subscribe to our newsletter, or request a brochure. We use this personal information for the purposes of administering the contests/sweepstakes or delivering the information you request.
Adventure Out Loud Pty Ltd collects personal information from those individuals applying for employment or similar positions at Adventure Out Loud Pty Ltd to the extent necessary to (i) identify the individual and (ii) evaluate their suitability for the applied-for position. This information may include name, contact information, educational and employment background, criminal record verification, residency and/or citizenship information, and other information necessary for us to screen potential employees and staff.
Disclosure of your personal information
You agree that we may disclose your personal information to related or unrelated third parties in the following manner:
To third party suppliers of products or services you have requested. Also, when we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our website by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it on to the relevant person. For the purpose of providing our services to you, your personal information will be supplied to complete your travel arrangements and will be disclosed to suppliers such as, but not limited to, airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers. These third parties may be located overseas.
Where required by law, court or tribunal. Where we are required by a law, court or tribunal to provide your personal information, we will provide your personal information in accordance with the requirements or conditions stipulated by the law, court or tribunal.
With your consent. Where we have your consent, we may disclose your personal information. If your consent is conditional, we will take reasonable steps to ensure such conditions are complied with.
We do not sell, rent or share our membership/participant lists on a commercial basis to third parties.
Transferring personal information overseas
We will disclose your personal information to third party suppliers you have requested who may be located overseas. The disclosure of such information is necessary to complete any bookings or make reservations. We have no control over what any third-party suppliers may do with your information. If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information, if it is available to all the World, neither we nor you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
European residents: transfers of data outside Europe
Please note that if you are resident in the UK, European Union or European Economic Area (“EEA”) we may hold your personal information outside of the EEA. For instance, your personal information may be held by us in Australia (which has been recognized by the European Commission as having an adequate level of privacy protection).
We may also need to transfer your personal information to travel suppliers and other third parties outside of the EEA, for instance where a supplier is based outside of the EEA. Countries outside of the EEA may not have the same level of privacy laws as exist in the UK, Australia and the EEA. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected.
Sale of business
We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Adventure Out Loud Pty Ltd or as part of a corporate reorganisation or other change in corporate control.
We will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, our collection and storage practices to make improvements to accuracy and security of your personal information.
How is your personal information protected?
We have implemented measures designed to help protect personal information in our custody and control. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. Unfortunately, no collection or transmission of information over the Internet or other publicly accessible communications networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information. We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information of our customers for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Can I access my information and whom do I contact for more information?
You may access your personal information that we may be holding in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We will correct our records that contain your personal information as soon as practically possible, at your request in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We do not charge a fee for processing a request to access your personal information or amend your personal information.
If you would like access to your personal information or like to have your personal information corrected, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com or via the contact us details on our website.
As well as a right to access, update and correct information we hold about you, if you are a resident in the UK, European Union or European Economic Area then you have the following additional rights:
- To be told how long your personal information will be retained by us or the basis on which we make decisions about how long we retain your personal information;
- To require that your personal information is deleted by us, subject to any necessary legal requirements we may have to retain the information;
- To object to our processing of your personal information or to restrict processing of your personal information (but we may be unable to provide certain services to you without processing this information);
- To receive a copy of any personal information we hold about you in a portable format;
- To lodge a complaint with a relevant supervising authority (for example the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK).
By using our service or our website, you signify your assent to this Policy.